Monday, February 20, 2012

Juice and salad fast

This time I tried fast for 5 days with Juice and salad. I added salad for couple of reasons
1. It will keep my guts working
2. It will keep me fuller
3. It will make it easier mentally since I was eating food

And yes it achieved all of this. Adding salad made juice fast very easy and yet achieved the same results.

My salad consisted of
- greens,  cucumber, tomatoes, brocolli, cauliflower, edmame beans, beets, carrots.

Basically I went to salad bar and picked up lil bit all raw vegetables. There was NO DRESSING, NO SALT, NO PEPPER, NO FRUITS, NO LEGUMES, NOTHING BUT raw vegetables.

So I added salad for lunch, dinner. And at 4 pm, I ate 5-6 walnuts.
and coninued my 8 oz of juice every 2 hours. See the previous blogpost for details on juice details.

Change the timing to your schedule and when you feel hungry.

9 am - wakeup
10 am - Breakfast Juice
12 pm (noon) - 1st 8oz juice intake
1 pm - LUNCH SALAD
2 pm - 2nd 8oz juice intake
4 pm - 3rd 8oz juice intake
4:30 PM - WALNUTS
6 pm - 4th 8oz juice intake
8 pm - 5th 8oz juice intake
8:30 PM -  DINNER SALAD
10 pm - 6th 8oz juice intake
12 am (midnight) - 7th 8oz juice intake
TIP: This time I prewashed my veggies at night, so in the morning it took me 15 mins to make my whole day's juice. I used empty salad containers to store washed veggies in the fridge night before. This will help ppl who are busy in the morning and don't have time of 1 hr to do the prep/juice.

Bigggest achievment: last day of my juicing was the that "day of the month". And for last 10 years, I have been living on pain killers for 3-4 days everytime during that time of the month. For the first time, this time, I did NOT take a single pain killer. First time in 10+ years!!!! That just shows the amazing power of plant based diet.

3 comments:

  1. Super healthy and inspiring information. I did GE diet twice last year and it was a nice experience...luking forward to more...Will try juice and salad diet soon..but i think i need salt and pepper in salads...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great to know. I would recommend trying wihtout salt and pepper. You would get to taste the real flavors of vegetables and would actually enjoy them.

      Delete
  2. That is the excellent mindset, nonetheless is just not help to make every sence whatsoever preaching about that mather. Virtually any method many thanks in addition to i had endeavor to promote your own article in to delicius nevertheless it is apparently a dilemma using your information sites can you please recheck the idea. thanks once more.
    benefits of juicing

    ReplyDelete